Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Daily/Journal Your Christmas Album 2010 Start

Last year, (2009) I started Ali Edward's December Daily. I did really well until the 16th and then things got out of control around here and I lost the track. I did manage to take photos (although not as many as I wish I would have) and still journal on the computer (not as well as I would have liked to) but alas, did not finish the album. I plan to finish it - eventually.
This year, I decided to try again with December Daily and also do Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas Class!
Here is my cover all done! The word Christmas was removed from an ornament that also had the word Merry. The flowers are from Prima. I added a Tim Holtz brad to each one and put C. Red Stickles inside of it. Came out really cool cause the rim of the brad still shows! I am using Bo Bunny's Noel Collection as my foundation papers, along with some of their stickers and other embellishments. I am grunging up the album with Tim Holtz products. After gluing the papers to the chipboard pages of the Mini Edgy Album from Bo Bunny, I sanded all the edges and then added Distress Ink - Tea Dye. In the photo below, you can see an un-inked portion.

I intermingled the chipboard pages with the two-sided Noel papers (also Distress Inked).
 This is the foundation for my album!
This first day of December has been very, very busy for me. I was out until 1:30 and then cleaned the living in preparation for the Christmas Tree and decorations while waiting for the plumber to arrive. We had a broken water pipe from the freeze over the weekend. Didn't discover the leak until Monday night! Luckily it was outside the concrete foundation and easily fixed. We now have water again! It's amazing how much you take for granted something so basic to us all until you are without it.
Parts of this blog post will go into my Album for today. The month is starting off with a BANG!

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your album is looking beautiful!!!

Jen said...

Lovely album - totally love those flowers!