Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 - September

Just a quick post before hitting the pillow. After a really rough few days it was nice to be able to finish a piece of art tonight. The tag is from Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 Challenge - for September and you can see Tim's original post here.

This is the first tag I've completed for this year. It's been a crazy summer. I took metal tape from the hardware store and cut it up, ran the tag through the vagabond with a new texture fade (sheet metal), inked it but then since I didn't have any black ink - used a black paint dabber and rubbed it off. I used a Maya Road stamp and cut it out, added a stamped saying on parchment (appropriate to some family drama going on at the moment), cut it with decorative edged scissors.

I used a number 9 because it's the 9th month of the year. The little light bulb came from a stash my Dad left (thanks again Dad!) and wired on. The pen nib is real, left from my calligraphy classes of long ago and also wired on. :-)

Thanks Tim for the continued inspiration and challenges!

 
 

4 comments:

Candy C said...

Very cool tag! Love the typewriter and all of the gears and other ideaology. Nice job! <3 Candy

Cynthia said...

I love all your embellishments! Awesome tag!!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

You did a great job. Hopefully we see more tags from you.

Diane Ridpath said...

This is soooo cool!