Friday, February 22, 2008

Maizy Start

Since my Mom is having eye surgery next week, I needed something to knit in hospital and then at her house for after. I have lost another pound so I gave myself permission to use new yarn - Maizy!
This yarn is 82% corn fiber and 18% elastic Nylon. It is very soft (even before washing) and I am getting about 8.5 spi with #0 Addi Turbo circular.

Pattern: Lava Flow Socks by Sock Bug
Yarn: Maizy - solid=Sea Gray 1281; Multi=Miami Nice 1004
Mods: I used Judy's Magic Cast On for the toes and am working toe-up with Magic Loop. I plan to use PGR short-row heels and a 1.5 to 2 inch rib at the top of cuff. Toes and heels will be solid.
The yarn is a little bit splitty, but once you know that it is easy to remember to "scoop" a little deeper than usual and you'll catch any stray strand. It's really not bad at all.

I have a pair of sea green pants to re-hem that these will go with. Also brown pants and a green-ish top come to think of it! And my brown Birki clogs! I've been wearing my Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream socks with this outfit, too.

No comments: