Friday, March 7, 2008

Socks in the Works

Socks in the works update:

Embossed Leaves (Interweave - Knits issue Winter 2005 and also in the book Favorite Socks) in progress. Sock #1 is almost to the top ribbing. Yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, color is Cranberry. Yum!
Here's a footie using BW's Broad Spiral Rib. This is #1 finished. #2 is in a sock bag for a take-a-long project since I have it memorized!Yarn is Meilenweit - same as the full pair of socks I made last month. I bought several balls of the ivory white. I can see it - even in dim light in an eye doc's office or a dark corner in a waiting room. Been doing a lot of that lately and the 25th, my son goes in for a cornea transplant. Whoa. More hospital and doctors office visits. He got a chemical burn at work over a year ago and the eye won't heal any more so it's time to try a transplant. We're keeping our fingers crossed it works! Meanwhile, I have 2 weeks between docs visits to work on my class homework and get some more sock projects ready to go bye-bye. I have a nice selection of sock yarn just waiting...

No comments: