Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday again - but it's raining!

I am TIRED. I need a few days off from everything. I was out every day last week. Yesterday I did laundry all day to try to catch up. Today, more of the same. The good news is, it's finally raining! We had some weird weather last week. HOT, hot, hot. NOw it's getting cooler again. So strange. But hey, it's central Texas - wait 5 minutes and the weather will change again. That is why I keep a sweater, hat, extra shoes - in the truck.

There is so much I need to do - but I just am not going to be able to do a lot of it this week. I am just TOO TIRED. I WILL go get my hair cut though. I feel like an unshorn sheep! Did I mention I whacked my hair off??? It started with me chopping off 6 inches or so. WAited, but then made a final decision to go short. And I mean SHORT. Went to my stylist (she's a friend) and told her short - she didn't believe me! My hair was so long, it was hanging down the middle of my back and I HAD to either braid it or big-clip-it. I just got tired of it. I'd had it long for years. NOw, I do love to french braid it but the time has come to give it a rest.

Well, she cut it - but not short enough. I've lived with it for a few weeks now and I want to go really, really short - like one and half inches short! My hair is thick and wavy. Oh and one other thing about it - the longer it is, the curlier it is. Just the opposite of what you'd think it would do. It would make ringlets if I let it. However, the shorter - the straighter. It has a lot of body - no blow dryer here - just wash, comb and go. Wash and Wear hair!

I have an appointment for a cut Tuesday afternoon. I'll put up some pics after the final length is right.

The problem with having short hair is I have to get it cut about every 3 weeks. It grows fast. I must admit I am enjoying the fact that I don't have to pull my braid out of my purse strap anymore - or the seatbelt in the truck! Or pull hair out of my mouth or flick it back when it falls in the front after I've bent over. Or shake my head for the same reasons. HeeHee! Ah - I think the freedom of short hair outweighs the slight sadness of cutting it off.

No comments: