Friday, February 18, 2011

Romantique Valentine Box

My "Romantique Valentine Box" is finally done! The glue dried enough to take it outside for last light photos. It was a bit windy, but I managed.
The box wanted to be shades of white. I had some papers from years ago by Hot Off The Press and they were perfect! I edged it with Tim Holtz tissue tape, punched the corner papers from parchment, and hunted for a knob for almost a week before deciding to make my own!
I edged the box with my own tatting and added a tatted butterfly, stamped metal heart, copper-colored veined leaves, metal corner charms (aged with Pitch Black dabber and wiped off), Prima/Petaloo-stacked flower in shades of snow white to ivory and a glittery bling brad center to the top.

The knob has a story. I painted the little wood knob white, aged it, then was stuck. I was standing there thinking and playing with a piece of TH tissue tape when I looked down and a word jumped out at  me! Dream. Then another word and another until I had a 4 word phrase!

Mind - Dream - Idea - a Creation.

All from scraps of tissue tape! I sealed the knob with Diamond Glaze (would have used Glossy Accents - but don't have any right now) and as it dried, I played with it until it looked OLD. Like I remember some knobs in my Grandmother's house used to look. I even remember how they felt!

Hanging from the knob is a butterfly charm on ribbon, satin and organza. The front metal piece has a stone heart. This came off of a hair clip! Knew I saved it for a good reason.
The inside of the box has a bird. There are "Love notes" postcards and a Mini Album that will go inside. More on those later.

I almost put wood feet on the box, but these Tim Holtz feet were perfect after all! I really enjoyed making this and I'm sure will make more.


The design for this box is by Paper Engineer Extraordinaire Laura Denison. She does Ustream classes and sells kits and patterns. Laura is a genius! She has received high praise from the Guru of Grunge himself, Tim Holtz. Go to her blog to see what she made for his Ideology booth at Winter CHA 2011. Awesome artwork!

No comments: