Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday, Monday

FO Alert: The Sockotta yarn is out of my hair now. I put myself out of my misery (I really hate this yarn) by just making footies with a picot bind-off. Glad to be done! I made myself work on them before starting anything else.




Today at the doctor's office I started my first Monkey! Here's #1 after 2 repeats. Colinette Jitterbug Colorway #135 and I'm not sure but I think it says "Sahara" and working toe-up on Addi Turbo #0 - Magic Loop.

I have been waiting and waiting to start. Now, no more excuses. I have more appointments this week so they'll go with me. While in the doc's office (waiting for Mom), I noticed a lady walk by several times. She finally sat down across from me and we started chatting about what I was making. I guess she was working up the courage to talk to me? Makes me wonder if I looked scarey or something!



After I finished the Sockotta footies, I made this bag yesterday from 1 ball Noro Kureyon and THIS pattern. I just made it taller so I could put both balls of yarn in with the sock(s) in progress. Used it today for the Monkey socks. The bag was fast and fun! I'll probably make more. Hmmmm.... this would be nice way to test patterns..... OH and the shorter version would make a GREAT gift bag! Especially if it contained hand-knitted socks!


Working on an FO list for the sidebar. Man, I didn't realize just how much knitting I had done so far this year. I finished these Jawoll socks June 21. My own lacey rib pattern (unvented, I'm sure) with a PG-R short row heel. Gotta go knit "just one more row" on the Monkey!

No comments: