Sunday, July 22, 2007

Monkeys Done!

Went to the doctor again last week (foot doc this time). I have a Morton’s Neuroma on my right foot -where the toe bones meet the ball of the foot. Basically it’s an inflamed tendon. I ran when I should have walked – literally. I was doing so well walking and my knee felt great – so why not start running again? Ok. Bad idea. Wrong shoes. The third time out – whamo. Too much, too soon. I should know better by now! So….. I have to wear a funny looking boot and got a Cortisone shot. Ouch. And no walking for 2 weeks. More delays in my weight loss. Ugh.

On the flip side: More knitting! I finished both Monkey socks Friday!



Jitterbug Monkey Socks














Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A – Knitty.com
Yarn: Jitterbug #135 Sahara
Needles: Addi Turbo #0 circulars
Mods: Toe-up and PG-R short row heels
Time: Started 7-9-07, completed 7-20-07

These are nice and thick for Fall and Winter. And bright! Actually, I have a fall skirt (pumpkins etc…) that I made a while back and never wore…. These socks will be perfect with it!


I picked up the Baudelaire socks again. Started the second one yesterday and got to turn the heel before crashing for the night. So… they are both past the heel now and moving on up the legs!

We’re planning (Plan A) to take vacation mid-October and head East toward Florida this time. Been to Yellowstone twice and points in-between so we thought to head another direction in the country. DH’s brother and wife live that way, too. Three weeks on the road – and I AM looking forward to it! We really do enjoy driving and camping and try to go at least once a year for a long trip. We’ve been to Big Bend 3 times or is it 4? Anyway, we’ve been taking regular vacations since 2001. ‘Bout time! And I get to start a brand new Travel Journal this time out!

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

I made mine in Jitterbug, too, but think I will see how they look in a thinner yarn, so I can wear regular shoes with them, maybe.

Good for you starting a blog.

And my gauge differes depending on how I knit, too.

triconette said...

They look great!That's the first time I see something made from Jitterbug that I like (usually I don't like it...)